Friday, January 1, 2010

My Theme Song For 2010

Happy New Year. I have chosen this song as my theme for 2010. Our worries obviously do not just magically disappear, but Jesus asks us to give him our worries and let him handle it. Look at Matthew 11:28-30 from The Message:


"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

I really like the part about learning the unforced rhythms of grace. I can picture Jesus and the desciples dancing with this song along the Sea of Galilee, their hearts fill of love and trust.

Dance with grace in 2010.

No comments: