Thursday, May 7, 2009

My "Retro" Riding Lawn Mower

Being retro or old-school is cool these days, so driving this old Snapper lawn mower should make me a really cool guy, don't you think. There is a guy who attends our Tuesday evening Addicts to Disciple Group who likes to read from the King James Version because it's old-school. Kids like to wear retro t-shirts. Sports teams wear retro uniforms. My son and his friends like to make vehicles old-school. So this is just my feeble attempt to fit in.

I don't know how old this mower is, but it is very similar to the ones I used to work on thirty plus years ago. I know that this might be hard for some of you to believe, but I was a certified Snapper mechanic in my late teens. Now I can't even change my own oil. What happened?

Not much exciting is happening around here, so that is why I am forced to write about lawn mowers.

No comments: